Following are the endoscopic procedures performed routinely in the department:
- Gastroscopy (Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy)
- Colonoscopy (Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopy)
- Dilatation of GI structures and cancers.
- Stenting of food pipe, stomach and intestinal cancers to provide palliative and symptomatic relief to patients with cancers.
- Emergency endoscopic treatment for life threatening conditions like bleeding from ulcers and varies (enlarged veins in the oesophagus and stomach which rupture in patients with liver diseases)
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography) - This is an advanced and minimally invasive procedure, to remove stones from the bile duct which cause obstructive jaundice. The procedure avoids major open surgery and is also useful for placing plastic Prosthesis (stents) in the pancreatic/biliary systems in case of pancreatic/biliary cancers, which are responsible for obstructive jaundice.